The Mame houses got some new inhabitants at the start of 2014 but I hadn't got around to taking any photos of them until yesterday. I'm not sure how the Mames will feel about having to share their houses with 2 strange Ji Ja birds but I really like them & they're the perfect scale.
Ji Ja birds are the creation of Mr Clement, an artist based in London, but originally from Hong Kong. Ji Ja birds originally featured in his comic Ji Ja Café, & began to be released as figures in 2011. They're made of PVC & just over 8cm high (about 3.25") with articulated wings & necks.
Birds who can only say "Ji" or "Ja" seem the perfect creatures to live in Lundby houses to me."Ji Ja bird is a new character from my latest comic – Ji Ja café – currently available online on my website / facebook / flickr ....check them out! : ) they are a pair of little birds who are only able to say “Ji” or “Ja”. They are exploring the world between frames (comic frames), carrying a mysterious message in a tiny envelope to someone who is waiting for it. There are some stories to tell in every journey... You may not be able to travel as far or speak as much as them but you might have someone who is always waiting for a special message to be delivered. Ji Ja birds can do the job for you! A tiny paper envelope is prepared for each Ji ja bird figure. Just write what you want to say in the slip and put it into the envelope and then your Ji Ja bird can deliver the message for you. The envelope can be held firmly in its beak. Ji Ja bird will take any message for you. Like you may say “I love you” as well as “I hate you”...whatever! haha!."
The white Ji Ja with the yellow beak was one of the first 2 released in November 2011 (along with another in yellow with a white beak) & there have been many others released since, usually in limited editions. The grey one is the Noël Ji Ja which was released in November 2012 (ltd edition of 100).





I thought you had given up your blog forever...glad you're back =0)
ReplyDeleteThanks Pepper! & no, I had no computer for a year & a half, then life stuff... My Grandad was in hospital with a brain abscess (complicated because he already had myelodysplastic syndrome so with that + his age they couldn't operate) for most of last year & died in January, + I was diagnosed with M.E at the start of last year.
DeleteSorry to hear about your Grandad and sorry about your diagnosis. You've had a tough year. Sending you a lot of positive thoughts and hoping you're doing okay =0)
Delete