After buying the Småland (on sale, 40%ish off, at Amazon UK!) I admittedly felt a little disappointed. Though the Småland has some positives (being able to take it apart will make it so much easier to redecorate for one!) I definitely didn't feel smitten with it, though I think I will grow to like it more once I have redecorated & furnished it to my liking.
I'm not sure if my Gothenburg is from 1972 or 1973, it has the plain wooden frame, lovely wooden stair rails & banister, beige plastic doors, white brick paper on the outside, but has a red floor on the downstairs level of the main house, rather than the blue floors I've seen in the Gothenburgs in the 1972 & 1973 catalogues.
My favourite Gothenberg is just a little earlier than this, I think it's the 1971 version with the light blue floors, lighter abstract wallpapers + the plastic doors, wooden stair rail & banister, & I think when I redecorate my Gothenburg it will be closer to that style.
I have no idea how best to remove the wallpaper, or redecorate yet. Doing up an old dollhouse is totally new to me, I have lots to learn.
My Gothenburgs Issues:
- there's a small split in the front of the frame above the bathroom which needs fixing.
- most of the floors have stains & the felt carpet in the small bedroom was in very bad shape.
- most of wallpapers have stains & damaged sections.
- the handles on either side of the door to the bathroom are broken.
- it has one missing window frame & 2 missing plastic window panes.
Lots of quick photos. I'd already taken out the windows so I could clean them (they were very very dirty) - that's them piled up & waiting to be washed in the larger extension room. They cleaned up really well.
I've since removed the phone, clock, mirror & light, + removed the broken handles from the bathroom door. There's no way of taking the door & doorframe out without taking the house apart, & as well as a replacement window frame, I'm hoping I can find a replacement door that I can take the handles off (hopefully without breaking them, they are very fragile) & attach to the now handle-less bathroom door.














No comments:
Post a Comment