17/04/2011

Form Group in 1:16, Part 1

Some photos of my first mock-up (in card, polystyrene & masking tape) of Form Group in 1:16 scale.




Mock-up #1 is supposed to be a 2 section piece (equivalent to the 4'8" frame) with a seat + table top.  It still needs some work - the back cushion needs to be reduced in height slightly, both the seat & back cushions need reducing by a millimetre or 2 to allow for the fabric cover, & the legs need a lot of work - currently they're too thick + i might make a slight adjustment on their position.

On the 4'8" frame, the legs are positioned about 1/6th of the width in on either side, on the 7' (3 section) & 9'4" (4 section) frames the legs are positioned differently, half way under the sections either side, with 2 extra legs at the centre of the 9'4 frame. Without having any Form Group seating to measure from, I've roughly judged the positions of the legs for the 1:16 version of the 4'8" frame, but I might have to go back to photos &  do some measuring to try & get the correct position for the legs.  

Next I'm going to work on a mock-up of a 3 section frame rather than re-do the 2 section, & see if I can get the back cushion & legs right (or better) 2nd time around.

2 comments:

  1. Eee, it looks so great already! Fantastic progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hillary! x

    I made another 2 section tonight, I'm getting there, but trying how to figure out how to do the legs is driving me a bit batty at the moment. They're the only thing that I think i'm going to struggle with construction wise unless I can figure out a better way of doing them. Argh!

    ReplyDelete