20/04/2011

Form Group in 1:16, Part 3

I finished the mock-ups for the 3 & 4 section pieces this morning.  I made extra seats & cushions too (not pictured) so I could try out different combinations.

I still haven't made a cabinet section, I should try putting one of those together soon.

left - 2 section (with chair + seat cushion), back - 4 section (2 table tops + 2 chairs), right - 3 section (2 chairs + seat cushion).

I made a quick pattern for a seat cushion a couple of days ago & threw one together. It looks very scrappy (I didn't iron the fabric & stitched it, poorly, by hand) but I just wanted to get an idea of how it'd look.
I stuffed it with 2 layers of felt, though 1 layer might work better. I can't get to my sewing machine at the moment, but once I can i'll try making the 3 different sized cushions (back & base of chair, + seat cushion), do them properly, then see how they turn out. I think starching the fabric might help too.



I couldn't resist taking a photo with my Angie Lewin "Plants & Places" book (a birthday present from my friend) behind it to function as a wall with oversized wallpaper.  Miniature Angie Lewin prints, wallpaper &/or textiles (as well as miniature Mary White textiles) for my Gothenburg house would be so lovely, ah for a shrinking ray or Pym particles!

2 comments:

  1. This post made me squeal! I can't believe how great all the pieces look together...and this is just the mock-up. Can't wait to see the next phase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hillary! It's moving along..
    I cut the balsa out for a 2 section tonight. Next will be sanding, construction & cushions!

    Along with making a card mock-up of the cabinet piece, i totally forgot about making mock-ups of the arms for the chairs. I'm not even sure how they attach to/fit on the real thing though.

    ReplyDelete