26/04/2011

Minis in magazines.

I love it when I occasionally come across miniatures in magazines. I probably have a bunch more to scan (if I could remember what issues they were in).  I'll scan & post them as & when I find more.

I found this one whilst going through an old issue of UK Elle Decoration (March 2009) the other night, the photograph (the only using miniatures in the 6 page palette piece, with photographs by Andrea Garuti) continues slightly onto the following page, where it reads:

From the tiny version of the Le Corbusier/Jeanneret/Perriand chaise longue to the perfectly scaled-down artwork, we're totally inspired by the red hues of this mini masterpiece.

Another I saw recently was in the May 2011 issue of UK Vogue, in the editorial "Forget Me Not" photographed by Tim Gutt.  It's a shame the whole editorial didn't feature miniatures.

2 comments:

  1. I suspect the fabulous UK Vogue photo is by Kiwi photographer Matchstickgirl (http://littlematchstickgirl.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link - I haven't seen her photography & will take a look!

    The Vogue one is definitely by Tim Gutt (a Dutch/Israeli photographer) with set design by his wife, Shona Heath (I have the magazine & got the credits from that). Shona works a great deal with photographer Tim Walker, whose work I love - they do fantastic things together & she often seems to enjoy playing with scale in her set designs.

    http://www.timwalkerphotography.com/

    ReplyDelete