It's been a work in progress since September 2009 & still isn't quite finished (mostly little things & finishing touches), but it's getting there slowly..







The furniture is a mixture of Playmobil, Lego, Mattel & Vero (well.. a Vero copy as far as I know), & the smaller accessories are mostly Re-Ment, Megahouse, Playmobil, Marx & Jean of Germany. It's a bit of a hodge podge of scales, but it works for the Mames & looks kind of right together (I hope).
The picture frame is from Ikea, with Ellsworth Kelly's Spectrum 1, from 1953, in it, though I rotated it because I preferred the bands of colour going horizontally rather than vertically.
The living room is one of the first small rooms I started putting together for the Mames. The "wallpaper" is a Japanese fabric (the green with apples & branches) & some white handmade paper I had in my stash, both spray mounted onto thick paper. The wallpaper is one of the things that still needs work - I'm thinking of attaching it with strips of flexible magnetic sheet, as even though I don't plan on changing the room, I don't want to glue it permanently into place. For now it's just lodged into place & held on with a little white tack.




You're brilliant! I was trying to work out if that was a Jean sideboard without legs: Why didn't I think to use the Lego cupboards sideways?
ReplyDeleteThanks Shopping Sherpa! :)
ReplyDeleteI think the middle section of the Lego credenza will be a perfect spot to store mini magazines & records (when I have a decent printer & can make some).
I've used the Lego cupboards a lot in the first house. The Lundby rooms look a bit odd with items that're a bit too small in them, but this house seems more forgiving in that way.
I did have the Jean sideboard in this room too briefly (on the wall opposite the orange wall unit) but thought it looked too tall compared with everything else, so it was moved into the Smaland.
The Jean dining room set is a little off size-wise for the Mames (it's a bit big for them), but I love it & it works so nicely in the Lundby houses that I'll use it regardless.
So wonderful, Miss Bean! I love the color scheme. What I wouldn't give to live in this bright, sunny space.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Hillary! x
ReplyDeleteWith all the bold primarys & plastic furniture this room has a bit of a 70's feel I think, I wish my living room was this bright & cheery!
Waw, this is very good work that is so creative,,
ReplyDeleteUhooi.blogspot.com